Gulf Keystone News. STRONG BUY!

As foretold here on the 21 July “one million hit post” news has been released. Read below for the full update.


Things are about to begin hotting up here re’ this company over the next few weeks. Any drilling updates will have an upward effect on this SP.


A strong buy recommendation is being placed on the stock by this Blog.

Insider trading accusations prevent me from disclosing further information


RNS Number : 5083P
Gulf Keystone Petroleum Ltd
19 July 2010

Not for release, publication or distribution in or into the United States or jurisdictions other than the United Kingdom and Bermuda where to do so would constitute a contravention of the relevant laws of such jurisdiction.

19 July 2010

Gulf Keystone Petroleum Ltd. (AIM: GKP)

(“Gulf Keystone” or “the Company”)

Kurdistan Operational Update:

Extended Shaikan-1 Well Test, First Production and Sheikh Adi-1 Exploration Well

Gulf Keystone announces the arrival of the initial loads of production facility equipment to the Shaikan field location and the commencement of the rig move by the AOS Discover-1 drilling rig to the Sheikh Adi-1 exploration well site.

The first pre-packaged production equipment units have arrived at the production facility construction site near the Shaikan-1 well location.  This equipment together with the oil storage tanks and truck loading facility will form the basis of an 18,000 bopd capacity oil production treating and truck loading facility. 

This facility will be used during the long term production testing of the Sargelu (upper Jurassic) oil reservoir in the Shaikan-1 discovery well (reference 12 July 2010 announcement with respect to workover rig operations).  Production testing will last for at least 18 to 24 months and accumulate valuable data related to reservoir characteristics and oil recovery factors.  The test volumes (estimated at 8,000 to 10,000 bopd) will generate Gulf Keystone’s first oil production revenue in Kurdistan.

In addition, the AOS Discoverer-1 drilling rig has arrived at the Sheikh Adi-1 well site and rig up is 10% complete.  This well will be Gulf Keystone’s first exploration well on the Sheikh Adi block in which the Company has an 80% working interest.  The well is planned to spud in August and will target the Cretaceous, Jurassic and Triassic formations.  Planned total depth, depending on well results, is 3,850 meters and drilling is expected to take 6 months.  The Company’s estimated oil-in-place resource potential for the Sheikh Adi structure is in excess of one billion barrels.


Gulf Keystone Petroleum: +44 (0) 20 7514 1400
Todd Kozel, Executive Chairman  
Ewen Ainsworth, Chief Financial Officer  
Strand Hanson Limited +44 (0)20 7409 3494
Simon Raggett / Rory Murphy / James Harris  
Mirabaud Securities LLP +44 (0)20  7878 3362
Peter Krens  
Brunswick Group LLP +44 (0) 20 7404 5959
Patrick Handley / Pip Green  


or visit:

You may also like...

No Responses

  1. Anne Chance says:

    the link does nothing Daniel.

  2. MACCA1873 says:

    Your link doesn’t work

  3. dj says:

    Thank you for this post. I like to be kept abreast of opportunities!

  4. musy says:

    Hi Daniel,
    I have been reading your post for past few weeks and it gives me good start to look ans research in the company.
    This is the first time I have bought into GKP at a 88p. Do you still think that this rise will continue over next week or slowly slowly it will head towards 70p

    Once again thanks for your time.

  5. dj says:

    Can I answer musy’s comment? Dan thought this share was a strong buy for news over the next couple of weeks – he didn’t say news on Monday. It was worth getting in on Friday, as you don’t know when or if news will come, but if there is no news a 7am on Monday, this SP is going south. I can’t advise you what to do, but I would hold for a couple of weeks and see what happens. The news is caught up in issues of Iraqi politics, so some delay may be understandable. Even if there is no news, it could be better in the long run to do more drilling and THEN sell…

  6. dj says:

    Another option if there is no news on Monday and the price goes south, it to sell out, wait for the bottom (yes, I know, you’ll never know when it’s there) and buy back in… But that has its own risks.

  7. MACCA1873 says:

    have you heard anything thing re-RNS ?